How to Create A Perfect PPC Campaign Using Amazon Brand Analytics
If you want to create a perfect PPC campaign using Amazon brand analytics then read this post to the end.
Amazon Brand Analytics is an option under the Reports tab in Amazon Seller Central which is only available for Amazon Brand Registry members.
UNDERSTANDING AMAZON ANALYTICS
Amazon analytics provides a snapshot of what consumers are searching for, what they’re buying, and how often they’re purchasing the same item. Called “Brand Analytics”, these metrics are available to sellers directly responsible for selling their brand in the Amazon store.
Brand analytics are found under the “Reports” tab in Seller Central.
BRAND ANALYTICS EXPLAINED
There are five brand analytics categories. Let’s break down each in more detail.
1. AMAZON SEARCH TERMS REPORT
The Amazon Search Terms Report shows the most popular search terms in the Amazon store over a specific period and the top three products that customers click on after searching for a specific term. This can help your brand better target keyword usage over time.
2. DEMOGRAPHICS REPORT
The Demographics Report provides information about buyers of your product that they’ve consented to share — including age, household income, gender, and marital status. This allows you to see the impact of your marketing campaigns and adjust target consumer bases as required.
3. ITEM COMPARISON REPORT
This report shows the top five products most frequently viewed on the same day as your brand’s products to help you identify your top competitors and see what they’re doing differently.
4. MARKET BASKET REPORT
The Market Basket Report shows the top three products most frequently bought at the same time as your products. This can help your brand identify key add-on product opportunities to help bolster total sales.
5. REPEAT PURCHASE BEHAVIOR REPORT
The Repeat Purchase Behavior Report shows the total number of orders for their products along with the total number of unique customers. This makes it possible to zero in on specific user characteristics that may influence repeat buying and help inform long-term marketing strategy.
BENEFITS OF BRAND ANALYTICS
We can check most searched products through Search Frequency Rank. It helps you take potential keywords.
Click Share and Conversion Share also helps to identify which listings are getting more clicks and how much sales they are getting. So, we can choose listings with the most Conversion Share for listing optimization.
Brand Analytics also helps to identify the shopping behaviors of your target audience.
By showing which keywords exactly are converting the best, the tool is exclusively designed to help any brand increase its advertising budgets and bids for those search terms/keywords.
By helping brands show as to what ASINs are acquiring the most number of clicks for a specific keyword, it encourages a brand to allocate extra budget to target specific ASINs.
How to Create A Perfect PPC Campaign Using Amazon Brand Analytics
Creating a perfect PPC campaign can boost your product sales but creating a campaign without wasting any money is not easy.
Luckily, there are so many tools that you can use to create the perfect campaign structure and amazon brand analytics is one of them.
Amazon brand analytics is an amazon intelligence tool that is available to all brand registered SELLERS it can give you really valuable information such as insights into competition, customer shopping behavior most popular keywords and search terms and click shares and conversion shares of most popular ASINs.
1. keywords are the most important part of the PPC campaign with the Amazon Brand Analytics (ABA) search term feature you can find out the keywords that are most searched for by your target audience and use them to target your potential customers with this feature you can also find out the keywords that are used in your competitor titles and use them in your listing.
2. Another important data point that you can get from the Amazon Brand Analytics (ABA) search from the feature is conversion rate you can identify the ASINs that have high CTR and low conversion and target them in your product targeting campaign.
3. You can use market basket analysis to understand your customer shopping behavior with market basket analysis you can figure out the product that is being bought alongside your product and target them in your product targeting campaigns.
4. You can use ABA to develop the right marketing strategy for your products ABA can give you really valuable information about your competitors. Such as their conversion rate click-through rates so you not only target your competitors with low conversions but you can also find out their weakness and use it to highlight their strengths.
For example, most of the shoppers looking for a waterproof backpack end up clicking on one of your competitor’s listing the most but do not purchase the product. Then you can use that specific keyword in your manual campaign if you are selling a waterproof backpack.
5. You can use item comparison and automate purchase behavior analysis to your advantage. You can choose the top 5 ASINs that are being viewed alongside your product and target them in your manual campaigns essentially you have to figure out the competitive advantage that you have over these five ASINs and highlight them in your product listing so that the shoppers are compelled to buy your product.
6. You can use the demographic feature in ABA to find the key demographic of your customers it is essential for you to understand the key demographics of the people that buy your product because interest will change vastly depending on age group gender income group etc. once you find out the interest of your customers you can find the right ad campaign to target them.
How to create an Effective Amazon PPC strategy
Here are the basic aspects of building a solid Amazon PPC management strategy
1. Test out each type of PPC ad campaign, and play around with automatic and manual keyword targeting to see what’s best for your brand.
2. Perform detailed keyword research using Data Dive & H10 or Brand Analytics focusing both on related keywords and competitor products.
3. When starting out, set daily budgets and default bids 50-100% higher than what Amazon recommends.
4. Let ad campaigns run for at least two weeks before running reports and making adjustments.
5. Use ad reports from your automatic campaigns to find keywords for your manual campaigns.
6. Before adjusting or removing a keyword from a manual campaign, make sure the keyword gets at least 10 clicks.
7. Continue reviewing your ad reports once a week, subtracting, adding, and adjusting keywords as necessary.
Keyword Research for Amazon PPC
PPC campaigns will not be effective if you settle for random keywords with little or no research. Here is what we at Sales Bite do to find the highest-converting keywords:
• As the first step, we conduct deep research on the brands’ niche, products, and competitors.
• When the account has running advertising, we analyze it to determine converting search terms and other potential targets. We always keep track of them and consider them when creating new campaigns to prevent keyword overlapping.
• We use tools, like Data Dive and Helium 10, for keyword and product-targeting research. Using internal Amazon tools, like Brand Analytics and Search Query performance, is always a good idea.
• With the help of software and extensions, we sort the keywords by search volume and relevancy. You should always segment your campaigns by these factors.
• After completing the initial keyword research, we develop a solid campaign structure and upload it to the account.
This method will help you save unnecessary ad spend as you will focus on relevant keywords, and proper segmentation will make optimizing and maintaining your ads very easy.